Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Finally chose a story

My Story:
A story about a girl (Jane) who grows up in a poor environment. Her dad was killed in a car crash when she was just 1 years old. Her mother Marcy married another man who became her step dad. All up until Jane was 7 years old, her step father (Richard) sexually, emotionally, and physically abused Marcy, when suddenly Marcy dies of a heart attack. Then Jane legally left in the care of Richard, who is the only person in the world who could take care of her. From there on, Jane was also sexually, emotionally, and physically abused by her step-father. When Jane was 17 years old, she met a guy named Leo. They fell in love and he was her savior. One day, Richard accidentally walked in on Jane and Leo while they were in the bedroom. Richard, an alcoholic, had a drink in his hand and got so angry he went to get his gun. He drunkly shot Leo in the chest. Leo dies and Jane is in shock. Her step-father orders her to get out of bed and go make him something to eat. A week later, Jane plans to murder her step-father while he was asleep. She stabbed him 14 times. Jane is convicted and found guilty and put on death row. Jane tries to explain her true story but there is no evidence of Leo's murder, nor any evidence that her father was abusive. 30 years later, the day before she is put to death, a journalist comes in to question her about the real story. She tells the reporter the whole story. The next day she dies and is finally with Leo again.
Juan Pablo Gamboa, colombian actor

So this is my story. My dad, Juan Pablo Gamboa, who is a Colombian actor has been giving me advice on how to write a story for a movie. He also helped me with how to open this film. What I have in mind for opening is to start the story when Jane is already old, in her 40s or 50s, and she is sitting in an interview room, looking out the window and zoning out. Then comes in a reporter to ask her some questions about what truly happened. My dad suggested that before the journalist comes in, I should show a few quick flashbacks that Jane has of the love of her life as well as the horrible event that happened with her set-father. This is similar to Titanic, when Rose is old and asked to tell the story about the sinking of the ship, and flashbacks appear really quick of Jack Dawson.

Before this, I wanted to make a story board, but my dad suggested that it is better to first write the outline of the story, or the plot, the script and then do the storyboard last. He said making the storyboard is technically filming, so I have to have to know what I am going to have people say first, and what is going to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflection

Hello! My name is Mariana Gamboa and I am the creator of film “Stolen Gardens”, a moving drama and romance. My film follows the story of ...