Sunday, April 7, 2019

Figuring out shooting schedules & locations

Now that I have the storyboard, the script, and the whole outline of the story, I am now preparing to shoot since I only have about two weeks left until this project is due. Spring break is coming up and I'm planning on using that time to shoot. I asked my 3 friends to act as the prisoner extras for me. What I am trying to figure out now is the locations to shoot at. For example, I have no idea where I can shoot the scene of the interrogation room. I know that I could probably do it at my house, but I want it to look as legit and professional as possible. My friend suggested that since its hard to find an empty room that looks like an interrogation room, that maybe it would be better to shoot it outside, as if they were interviewing Old Jane in a park. However, that would change the environment of the first scene and the mood would change. I really want it to look exactly as I visualize, but I know I have to be realistic. I don't have enough time or money to rent a room, but I've heard that the library at Broward College has study cubicles. I can probably shoot there because it's a public space! My mother is going to act as Old Jane. However, she has a lunch at 12pm that day, so we would have to go early. I hope the weather outside is cloudy because I want the audience to feel cloudy as well because the film is a drama.
I visualize the interview room to look something like this:


For the outside, I need prisoner extras to be running around where there are gates and looks like a running track. 
Since Broward College has a spacious campus, I will most probably have the prisoners run around there as well. I hope everything works out. My friend who suggested BC goes there and she is also an extra for the film. She told me to go on a Tuesday, so I will try my best to shoot the interrogation scene and the prisoners running scene on Tuesday, March 26, one week from now.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflection

Hello! My name is Mariana Gamboa and I am the creator of film “Stolen Gardens”, a moving drama and romance. My film follows the story of ...