Sunday, April 7, 2019

Change of Plans...

My second shooting experience didn't go as well as the first one... My original plan was to shoot in the Broward College library with the actors and the extras. In Spring Break week, I let my friends know that on Tuesday we would all be going to shoot. However, my mom was one of the actors and she had a meeting at 12, so we decided to change the plans for Wednesday, when my mom was free.

Then, on Wednesday, one of the extras wasn't going to be able to go. So then I changed it to Thursday. On Thursday none of the extras were able to come, and I decided that I will not be shooting the scene where the prisoners are running outside because 1. It was very difficult to shoot the extras and for them to be able to come all in the same days and 2. It would make the video too long. I had already bought all of the shirts for the extras for the prisoners but I decided that it wasn't worth all the stress.

On Thursday, Ale, Walter, and my mom went to the Weston Library to see if that would be a better option for filming and if we could find a study room to film in. The study rooms were all occupied, but there was an empty conference room that was unlocked. We went in without asking, but I assumed we were allowed to be there since it was unlocked. Later, a lady told us we weren't allowed to be there and that we had to rent the room if we wanted to use it, and they kicked us out.

I was so stressed because my friends were not able to help me with the running scene and then we ended up not even having a place to shoot. We decided to come back to my house to shoot in an empty room that I had in my house. I wasn't happy because the room doesn't look like a prison, but we had to work with what we had.

In the end, I was very surprised by how my mom ended up acting and was very satisfied with the end results of the clips.

Here are a few bloopers from that day:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflection

Hello! My name is Mariana Gamboa and I am the creator of film “Stolen Gardens”, a moving drama and romance. My film follows the story of ...